Re: Telemetry sync sequence?

Randy wrote:

> Hi:
>      According to the P3D telemetry information I downloaded from
> AMSAT-DL (www.amsat-dl.org/p3d/tlmspec.txt) dated 01 November 2000 the
> P3D telemetry should include a sync sequence preceeding each data block
> consisting of #39 #15 #ED #30.  Does anyone know if this is what is
> actually being sent?  I have been looking at the data and I have not
> found these bytes in the data stream.  Am I doing something wrong or has
> there been a slight telemetry format change?

Hello,

What are you using for decode?

I know with the AEA DSP-2232 (and others?) the sync sequence is not outputed
to the computer.  It is used by the DSP modem to synchronize the data stream.

I assume other modems (including G3RUH) do the same as P3T works well with
the DSP-2232 not outputing the sync.

Another part that is not outputted is the idle characters inserted between
telemetry frames.

73 Eric eac@shore.net  WB1HBU