Re: Link budgets??

Ed -

I would hope that at least one X band solutiuon would downconvert to L band (
1200 - 1300 MHz) for the simple reason that it would use the receive capabilites
that are dormant (in using AO-40) for any 1296 MHz transverter at the mast.

Since most new (DirecTV and Dish network) downconverters move 11 - 13 GHz
(depending upon where in world you are) to 950 - 1300 GHz ... an off-the -shelf
or  homebrew should be possible.

G. Beat
w9gb