Re: Link budgets??

Jerry,

That is the real quandry, what band to use for an IF.  If you use mode US,
then 2400/144 is logical.  If you use mode LS and convert 1269/144, you
need 2400/432.  That's my situation.

Further if you are considering mode UX or LX the same question comes up for
the 10,451 convertor: 144 or 432?

For S-band, my solution was getting two surplus Drake LNB's and converting
one to 432 and the other to 144.  They were cheap; cost $33/each [but
probably not available now].  For X-band I haven't decided and may wait to
see what the prevailing mode will be.  Most commercial X-band convertors
will be using 144.

Kuhne Electronic is the only X-band P3D convertor available, now [thru SSB
Electronics].

Ed