Re: 1 KW 2 m Amplifier

Yes, I was joking...

>  Seriously, for VHF contests, EME, etc., this is a fine piece of
>  craftsmanship and may give you some really good building ideas.

Ron's amp is a fine piece of work and I don't believe I have ever seen an all
solid-state KW for VHF before.  But, the tongue-in-cheek commentary on the
state of affairs on UO-14 is unfortunately a sad situation.  AO-27, on the
other hand, has gotten quite friendly and easy to work since UO-14's rise to
prominence.  While on the subject of satellites, AO-10 just went LOS for me,
but was it ever busy!  Lots of DX heard: LU, F, I, G, PA, PE.  QSB was mild,
signals were strong.
73,
Jerry, K5OE