AO-40 Orbit

AO-40 seems to be in an elliptical orbit right on the equator according to my
Instant Track v.1.50, and also STS-Plus.

I have been listening on an FM receiver for the beacon on 145.895
(nearest I could get to 145.898), and I think I'm hearing very strong
telemetry signals, or other bursts of information.  According to my
tracking programs, AO-40 is not visible whenever I'm hearing this.
Maybe some other signal from somewhere???

So what goes?

tnx, de Bill, N4DH