Re: AO-40

Matt Donohoe <therelic@dingoblue.net.au> asked:

>Is it possible to receive AO-40 beacon's etc with
>a SSB/CW rig ?

This is the only way to receive it. A hair under
145.9 MHz. I've received it (albeit not at apogee :-)
with an IC-202 and a dipole.

Lots of people have put recordings on the web, and you can
hear mine at http://www.qsl.net/ve7ldh/sounds.html

>What other birds can be 'heard' using a SSB/CW rig ?
>
>Coming from a purely FM operator (3 Kenwood Rigs & 1 Alinco)

Have a look at http://www.amsat.org and see for yourself.

                                   - Hospital/Shafte