PSK-1 & FT-847 packet jack?

Is anyone running their PSK-1 from the packet jack of their FT-847?

I've gotten the question does it have to be the Data IN/OUT jack.

My reading of the FT-847 manual suggests that the packet IN/OUT jack is
good only for FM. See page 16 & 17.  The manual doesn't exactly say this
in so many words, but I am pretty sure this is the case.

If anyone has managed to make their PSK1 work from the FT-847's packet
jack I'd like to know.

Robert Rice
WB5PKN
PSK-1 FAQ