Re: PSK1 configuration (re-send)

Oops - sorry, that last post was done with OCR copy without me proof
reading it.  Corrected copy below..........

Gary,
Further to my last post, just in case you have not got your manual handy,
here is a copy of the relevant section.
As I said I had the same problem as you, - the PSK-1 could talk to me but I
could not talk back to it (control-c) until I shorted out the pins.

Computer Interfacing

RS-232 Port Signals

The PSK-1 is configured as Data Communications Equipment (DCE), the
technical term for an RS-232C modem.This section describes the pins used on
the PSK-1 serial port connectors.  Since the pins are defined with respect
to the Data Terminal Equipment (DTE) (computer) end of the circuit, and the
PSK- 1 is wired as Data Communications Equipment (DCE) (modem), the
standard pin names appear to be the reverse of the PSK-1 function.

Some computers require that Clear to Send (CTS) of the computer serial port
connector (pin 5 of a DB 25 or pin 8 of a DE-9) be connected to an
appropriate signal.  Others may require connections for Data Carrier Detect
(DCD) (pin 8/pin 1) and Data Terminal Ready (DTR) (pin 20/pin 4). Since
these signals are not supported by the PSK-1, you may jumper the computer's
input and output signals on DB-25 pins 4/5 (DE-9 pins 7/8), and on DB-25
pins 6/8/20 (DE-9 pins 6/1/4)

Regards,

John.

G7ETA