Re: PSK1 configuration

I'm working on a FAQ for AO-40 telemetry and PSK-1.  Here is what I suggest you
try:

Q.  I can get the PSK-1 to give me the banner with the firmware version, but
hitting  <escape> and <control-c> don't do squat.
A. You need to change the handshake setting on your serial port.  It is probably
set to hardware handshake by default. You want to change this to xon/xoff.

If you have a Windows 95 or 98 PC, click on start/control panel/system. In
system properties, click on the device manager tab.  Look for "ports" icon and
click on it.  Double click on your serial port, choose the "port settings" tab
and choose xon/xoff under flow control.

Alternatively - from within Hyperterminal, you can click on File/Properties and
then hit the configure button.  Change the Flow Control setting to Xon/Xoff.

This fixed it for me.

You can check my newly created PSK-1 and AO-40 telemetry FAQ at
http://ao40.homestead.com

Let me know if this fixes it for you.

Robert Rice
WB5PKN