RE: FM Satellite Etiquette question....

The violation is in the overpowering of the existing station.  This is
covered under 97.101(d) -- "No amateur operator shall willfully or
maliciously interfere with or cause interference to any radio communication
or signal."

If you hear him on the satellite (repeater in space) and you attempt to over
power him you are in direct violation of this part.  Just as you would be if
you keyed over someone on your local repeater.

73/
Kevin, WB5RUE
el09vf