Re: PSK-1 and P3T (finally working here....whew)

on 11/22/00 6:35 AM, N1RZ at n1rz@timhavens.com wrote:

> I had it set to 9600 on it serial port connection.  And for some reason this
> would not work with P3T in my installation.  I've just changed the serial
> out from the the PSK-1 to be 1200 and now P3T seems happy to show me telem
> on all the windows !  At this point I could care less that it's using the
> 1200 speed versus the 9600 on it's serial data connection from J10 to the
> PC.

What does it matter anyhow?  You're receiving data at 400 baud.  So as long
as the modem to computer speed is 400 baud or greater higher speeds aren't
necessary.  Running at 9600 baud modem to computer yet the modem is
receiving at 400 baud is like having a 6 lane expressway with no cars and a
20 mile per hour speed limit!

Congrats!

73,

Jon
NA9D

ps: Hope to get P3T and the internet feed working at my work QTH today.
Anyone know when a Mac telemetry decoder will be available?

Jon Ogden
NA9D (ex: KE9NA)

Member:  ARRL, AMSAT, DXCC, NRA

http://www.qsl.net/ke9na