Re: FM Satellite Etiquette question....

SOAP BOX!!!!!

This was one of the reasons that I gave up and quit Amateur Radio!

CONTESTS!!!!!!!

People get their dander up and start fights and make the hobby undesirable for
those of us who just want to talk.
I had alot of friends on 2M and 6M along with some people that we just got
together to have fun.

My wife heard some of what was going on and told me to not have that "garbage"
on because she hated to hear all of the infighting. I think that maybe since
there are those who act like CBer's that maybe we should just let them cuss and
fume and intentionally jam and completely destroy ham radio the way that CB was
destroyed {sarcasm intended}!!!!!

I am considering jumping back in again, but this post makes me wonder if it is
going to just be the same

My kids take a Karate class and each week they must bow to the instructor and
say the watch word.

It has been words like MANNERS, RESPECT & a few others that really try to get
home that when you treat others the way that you want to be treated that you get
what you give. You know: GOLDEN RULE!!!!!

Maybe it is time for the ARRL, FCC, ITU and others to start slapping fines on
RUDE and OBNOXIOUS operators.
If someone is jamming a satellite or repeater or just being nasty, it is time to
stop it from continuing.

I have demonstrated radio equipment before for young kids that are very
impressionable.
Guess what happened, yep; I ran into a NASTY ham who did not leave a good image!

That was 20 years ago and here we go again.

Because someone could not get POINTS for a CONTEST; all this junk pops up again.

People take competition too seriously!

It does not mean anything!

It is just a game!

Sounds like the Cornhuskers (Big Red) in Nebraska.
If they cannot win or run up the points on the opposing team, then they are not
happy!

No one should get upset in these contests and no one should take advantage!
I thought there were rules?
I thought there was judges?

--
Bill Boltinghouse
ex-USAF Security Service

http://www.ec47.com/

QTH: Council Bluffs Iowa --- 10 miles north of Offutt AFB

Web Sites
http://www.users.uswest.net/~combatsent/
http://users3.50megs.com/combatsent/
http://users3.50megs.com/superspy/