PSK-1 & P3T - What am I doing wrong?

I am using a PSK-1 but am not getting any telemetry.

Here is what I am doing.

The PSK-1 is connected to my FT-847.  The PSK-1 lights up and sends data to the
PC.  With hyperterminal I can get to the PSK-1 menus and have set the PSK-1 to
1200N81.  The PC is set to 1200N81 also, both in P3T and also the port from
within device manager.

P3T setup is set for the correct serial port, 512 byte and 1200 baud.  TCP/IP is
set to "normal."   I have looked at the registry and the 1200 baud setting does
appear in the registry.

>From the Input window, I get (for example) Block = D, the Byte counter increments
and when it hits 512 CRCC = NA. The Raw Data window owver displays gibberish,
including many characters in reverse video.

Every once in a while I do get some recognizeable test in the Raw Data window.
For example, at the moment the Raw window says "HI, UHIS IS aMSAT OSCAR)48"

Any ideas?

Robert Rice
WB5PKN