RE: Phase 3D Telemetry...AO-40

As more and more people either connect to an internet feed of AO-40
telemetry or are monitoring it themselves, a couple of thoughts come to
mind.

First.... *Dont* select the "event" checkbox in P3T.  Or go read the manual
about events first.  I've seen people suggest that the U TX is on when we
all know that it isn't.  This is usually because they had the event box
checked and happened to get an event frame of data.  Events are "snapshots"
in time and are *not* real-time information.  If you like, you can see the 9
events that have been generated by clicking the events button, but you'll
have to wait for them to be downloaded to you and you'll have to keep them
in order, they don't seem to always come in order.

If you turn events off, you'll then be back in real-time telemetry mode.

Second, if you don't get an OK for the CRCC, the screen will update with
invalid data.  You can't trust this information as you don't know what part
of it failed the CRC.  I've seen screens on replay where all the matrix was
selected, every option in it.  Again, you wouldn't accept this as valid
until you knew you got a valid CRCC and then the screen reflected that
information.

One final thought, if you want a playback of always valid data with P3t, you
can select to log it as "all" frames with valid CRC.  The file that is
created will be only valid data and will contain both the real-time info and
the event info.  You can also play with this data to "chart" different
parameters.

Just some observations that I thought I'd offer....

Have fun, but be responsible with the information you post on your
interpretation of AO-40!

my .02
Alan