Re: Coordinated effort on telemetry monitoring anddistribution?

On Sat, 18 Nov 2000, Kauto Huopio wrote:

> Just as a thought, now that we have this thing called Internet ;) .. we
> have a nice worldwide tool to collect and distribute data. .....
> In the future developments, as IP multicast is being activated more and
> more all over the net, it might be a nice idea to set up a multicast
> feed of the telemetry.
> Any thoughts on this?

We began doing this for MIR packet data back in 98 and are doing it now
for all APRS satellite downlinks. (TELNET to 199.227.86.221)  Yes, it is
the way of the future to combine what we receive at each ground station
into a common TELNET feed.  We are looking forward to exciting new
developments in this area!

de WB4APR, Bob