Re: Phase 3D Telemetry...AO-40

Jon Ogden wrote:

> on 11/20/00 7:31 PM, RogerKola@aol.com at RogerKola@aol.com wrote:
>
> > As telemetry seems to indicate that the UHF transmitter and antenna are
> > activated...and the VHF is not......
>
> Where have you seen this telemetry.  I'll admit that I don't have any way of
> monitoring telemetry but this is the first I've heard of it.

I kind of wondered the same thing.  End of last week Mark Hammond - N8MH posted
some screen shots of the AO-40 telemetry on his web site as decoded with P3T.  I
don't claim to be an expert on P3T, but I think I have it figured out.  I just
looked at those screen shots and they indicate that the MB is on VHF on the IF
matrix, and also the VHF transmitter is shows as ON with the omni antenna, and
the UHF transmitter is OFF.  Here is one of the screen shots:
http://camel.campbell.edu/~hammond/ham/p3d/screenshots/p3d_telem3.jpg

Things may have changed, but these screen shots indicate that the beacon is on
VHF and not UHF.

73
Jim Walls - K6CCC
k6ccc@amsat.org