Re: AO-40 high-speed telemetry?

Richard W L Limebear wrote:

> Howard, Gang
>
> > I vaguely remember from James' talk at the colloquium that this mode would
> > only be there for a short while (maybe 24 hours) before the IHUs were booted
> > into their normal modes.
>
> I don't recall that.
>
> > So maybe we'll never hear what it sounded like during takeoff.
>
> Don't write it off just yet - its likely still sitting in the IHU-2 RAM as
> a file and its probably James' #2 priority (after ensuring s/c safety).

Yes.  Looking at the orbit I can see that James is at a disadvantage as to
direct access time although still busy no doubt.  The orbit is interesting
as the UK is right on the edge and the edge is drifting.

> Or it might be in those D blocks which Eric says are a memory dump. Hmmm.

Not just me but the telemetry spec as well 8->.  The question is what are
they dumping?  Since they are figuring ALON/ALAT it could very well be
a whole orbit survey and/or recording sensor readings at a higher rate
than the beacon can provide.

Although I do not have 24/7 access to the satellite I will pass on any
messages via the telemetry when I can.

One interesting development since the AO13 days is several stations have
used the P3T program to become telemetry servers.  So it is possible to
see satellite telemetry when it is on the other side of the world.  It
would be interesting if we could get several stations to feed into a
central server.  Then you could watch telemetry until you dropped from
lack of sleep 8->.

73 Eric eac@shore.net  WB1HBU