Re: AO-40 Final Orbit

At 09:35 PM 11/20/2000 +0200, Deon Erwin wrote:
>The AO-40 transfer orbit is very favourable to us in the southern hemisphere
>and I wonder what final orbit we can expect?
>Are orbital elements available to indicate the final orbit of AO-40?

Yes. See the article on Phase 3D Orbital Maneuvers (from the AMSAT-DL
Journal and AMSAT Journal) just posted at
http://www.amsat.org/amsat/sats/ao40/maneuvers.html. Near the end are
element sets for the final orbit when it's new, and again after it has aged
for a decade or so. There's some residual drift we don't have the fuel to

This article also gives the best available answers to the question "When
will we be able to use it?"

73  -Paul