Re: QRM from Stations on AO-10, can't receive AO-40

Hi John,

I do agree except for this thought, which happened Saturday morning for me.

Two stations, myself in the UK, and another in Russia.

In the UK I have both the footprint of AO-10 and that of AO-40. I can hear
both.

The station in Russia is only in the AO-10 footprint. That station can only
hear AO-10.

In this situation it's very easy for the Russian station in the AO-10
footprint to be totally unaware of the situation, and I wouldn't necessarily
expect that station to move.

I think this is just one of those teething problems. No-one ever predicted
this, and it is frustrating at times! Once things settle themselves down and
the control station operators have time for a breather, I'm sure things will
resolve themselves.

In the meantime let's hope the U downlink is OK, and let's try avoiding that
bit of the passband on AO-10. As it's already _well_ documented that 145.900
is the center of activity on AO-10, I guess we'll just have to try gentle
pursuasion to undo that somehow. Or, of course, get ourselves some much more
directional antennas!

73 Howard G6LVB