RE: AO-40 on 2 m / Effect on Mode J/A Birds

> Van: K5OE@aol.com [mailto:K5OE@aol.com]
>
> With the 2 m downlink band plan going from 145.805 to
> 145.990, the potential
> for interference to mode J and mode A birds is quite high,
> especially with
> the signal levels and "shadow" of AO-40.  Or do we consider
> this another
> opportunity to do cross-satellite linking?  Imagine, you
> could uplink to
> AO-40 in mode B and hear your downlink on FO-20's 70 cm
> downlink (U/U) or
> RS-12/13's 10 m downlink (U/H).  Food for thought...
> 73,
> Jerry, K5OE
If you can hear youre own downlink on 70cm while uplinking 70cm on another
sat you got quite a station.

Even if the 2 sats are both at another horison you wil deafen youre own rx.
The only way I can recieve on 70cm while transmitting on 70cm is by using
repeater type filters and they need retuning every time I change frequenties
(-3dB at 200 KHz) and I stil have to keep a few MHz between the TX and RX
frequentie (2MHz for 30dB seperation).

but even so the idea is worth looking into for stations who can't use 2m
because of interference localy, they just can't hear themselfs.

73 de Andre PE1RDW
aprsdigi co-ordinator Netherlands
member aprs workgroup Netherlands
mailto:pe1rdw@aprsnl.org