Re: QRM from Stations on AO-10, can't receive AO-40

I wouldn't think that anybody's downlink on AO-10 would cause much QRM to
the
AO-40  telemetry.  It's MUCH louder than anything coming down from Ao-10.

And I think the AO-10 operators have enough savvy to stay away from it,
not only
to not interfere with it, but also because you can't hear anything else
near
that freq!

The SSB  stuff from  RS-13 is another story.  You're going to have a few
passes a
day that are going to occur when AO-40 is in our range.  Satellite ops
are going to
hear the AO-40 beacon, and probably not operate in a place where they'd
have
to bother it.  The "regular" 15 meter SSB operators are mostly unaware
that they
are going into a satellite so they just keep talking.

And Jerry is right!  There has been a noticeable increase in action on
AO-10!
More stations recently.  Yesterday  PY4AD, LU8MD, CT1DOP,  TF3MLT were
worked from here on the west coast.

73,
John, K6YK