Re: QRM from Stations on AO-10, can't receive AO-40

..just a few observations on this issue:

1) I have noted increased activity on AO-10 in the last 5 days, and have had
2 QSO's with people I have not worked before who told me they have not been
on in a long time (dusting off the old AO-13 gear).  In fact, I have heard
QSO's spread out all the way up to 145.920, so the "AO-40 effect" has been
nothing but positive.  Friday night's pass was downright crowded!  I even
worked a new (for me) DX station in Argentina.  I can't remember the last
time I heard S.A. on AO-10.

2) The interference problem could well be masked by modern transceivers
incorporating DSP.  When I turn on the digital filter on my FT-100, the
beacon's noise goes from S5-S9 down to near the noise level (but still
audible).  With a non-DSP receiver, most ops would simply move away to a
clear frequency.  Now if only the noise blanker worked that well.

73,
Jerry, K5OE