Re: QRM from Stations on AO-10, can't receive AO-40

on 11/19/00 10:58 AM, Miles Mann at Miles.Mann@ind.alcatel.com wrote:

> NO
>
> Move the beacon

That's a pretty idiotic response!  In fact, not at all in the true spirit of
ham radio.

The beacon frequencies of P3D have been long published.  We can't move the
beacon whenever it interferes with someone elses QSO on another satellite.
We just need to use some consideration.

I've done it.  I moved calling CQ away from 145.9 so that I wouldn't
interfere with it.

Think about what you've said.

What if we'd said that about MIR?

73,

Jon
NA9D

> paul.willmott@omsl.bm wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Could someone go up on AO-10 and ask the stations downlinking around 145.9
>> on AO-10 to move. Its completely wiping out the AO-40 beacon here in
>> Bermuda. And its right in the middle of a data dump too!

Jon Ogden
NA9D (ex: KE9NA)

Member:  ARRL, AMSAT, DXCC, NRA

http://www.qsl.net/ke9na