P3T w/DSP2232 Tip!

Hi All!

First, thanks to all the many folks who responded to my request for help
with getting my DSP-2232 to talk to P3T.  You all were a great help!

I was having difficulty getting the data to display properly.  At first, I
thought it was because of the lack of CRC checking.  That was one aspect to
the problem, but the main fault was this, and I am posting it here because I
have seen this requirement nowhere else, to date.

DON"T FORGET TO SET AWLEN TO 8!

I had it in the default of 7, but it must be set to 8!  In the RAW display,
many of the characters were showing as inverse characters before I set the
AW to 8.  I was getting all sorts of bizarre values in the telemetry (Solar
Panel temperatures of 98 C !!!).  Once I changed the AW to 8 all was well.

Hopefully this might help others....

Now I can't wait for tomorrow morning to see live data with REAL values! HI!

Peace and 73,
Stephen

P.S.  Thanks to W3SZ for posting the AO-40 telemetry audio files to the web.
They are helpful for testing.  His site has some really good instructions on
getting P3T to work with the DSP-2232.

http://home.epix.net/~rrehr/P3DPageFrame1Source1.htm