Re: P3T w/DSP-2232

I am seeing something along the same lines. I am beginning to think
that this is a block alignment problem. If your TNC is in the middle
of decoding a frame and has say transmitted half of a block before
before you get your decode program running. How does your decode
program know that it is receiving data from the middle of a block and
not the beginning? Once this out of sync condition happens, how does
the program get back in sync.

I use the G3RUH modem, it sets the CTS line high when a block is
being sent to the terminal. Does the application clear its buffers
when the line goes low to make sure it stays in sync?

At 9:15 PM -0500 11/18/00, Stephen M. King wrote:
>Is anyone using an AEA DSP-2232 with P3T to display AO-40 telemetry?
>I am capturing packets but it seems the CRCC is invalid for most of them and
>much of the data will not display properly even if the raw data looks proper
>(although many bytes are in inverse display mode).  When I capture the
>K,L,M,N packets -- even the ones that seem to display an accurate message
>(but again totally in inverse display) -- when I click for those messages to
>display they do not display.
>
>Are there some options/commands I should be setting in the DSP-2232 before I
>start P3T?
>
>Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Peace and 73,
>Stephen
>KD3OG
>
>P.S.  What a great signal on 2m!  I am using a vertical and a preamp and am
>getting usable (maybe, see above) signals even at apogee!
>
>----

Gilbert Mackall
N3RZN