From: Eric A. Cottrell
To: AMSAT-BB
Sent: 11/18/00 7:40 PM
Subject: [amsat-bb] AO-40 S2 Beacon being turned on

Hello,

While decoding telemetry several stations heard the 2m beacon "burp".
It
shifted frequency (maybe even went away) and then came drifting back on
frequency.

This seems to be related to a change in the Matrix.  Several stations
including myself have noticed the S2 transmitter is being turned on
and connecting the middle beacon to it (Frequency is 2401.350 MHz).

This may be done at this time as the antennas are somewhat pointing
toward
the earth if you plug the A block ALON/ALAT into IT 1.50.  It is off
pointing
at my station by 44.3 degrees.

73 Eric eac@shore.net