Re: they are testing out S1 and S2 band xmitters on AO-40!

Here is why I think the S-band transmitters were commanded ON:

Check the Status, Matrix, and Power windows...

http://camel.campbell.edu/~hammond/ham/p3d/s2_band_ON.jpg

http://camel.campbell.edu/~hammond/ham/p3d/s1_band_ON.jpg

Looks promising to me...but again, I can not copy S band (yet ;-)

73,

Mark

> > Just so you know...
> >
> >  AO-40 has been commanded to turn OFF and ON the S1 and S2 xmitters a few
> >  times (about 23:30 UTC), according to the telemetry (and obvious
> >  "whoooshing" of 2M beacon freq. seems to indicate it is happening!).
> >
> >  People with those bands might start to listen!
>
>I saw the same thing and swept thru S band but didn't hear anything. Guess I
>need to verify my gear. I can't help but wonder if we didn't see a telemetry
>glitch. I didn't think they'd have much time to check out other xmtrs right
>now....... Anyway, can't wait to hear S band from AO-40! I work 2304
>terrestrially and it's neat!
>
>73,
>Mike, N1JEZ

Mark L. Hammond  [N8MH]