Re: they are testing out S1 and S2 band xmitters on AO-40!

In a message dated 11/18/00 6:45:36 PM Eastern Standard Time,
hammond@surrealnet.net writes:

> Just so you know...
>
>  AO-40 has been commanded to turn OFF and ON the S1 and S2 xmitters a few
>  times (about 23:30 UTC), according to the telemetry (and obvious
>  "whoooshing" of 2M beacon freq. seems to indicate it is happening!).
>
>  People with those bands might start to listen!

I saw the same thing and swept thru S band but didn't hear anything. Guess I
need to verify my gear. I can't help but wonder if we didn't see a telemetry
glitch. I didn't think they'd have much time to check out other xmtrs right
now....... Anyway, can't wait to hear S band from AO-40! I work 2304
terrestrially and it's neat!

73,
Mike, N1JEZ
AMSAT #29649