mini dxpedition to 6Y and ZF

My friend, John, N8QGC is going on his honey moon on a cruise ship.

He will be active (Dec 4th-11th) while on the ship (when time...i mean xyl
permits). He may not know the grid square that he is in but will have the
lat/long and we can figure the grid afterwards.

The ship will be in Grand Cayman Islands (EK99) on December 7. He will
operate UO14 on the 1353z and 1530z passes. He will also operate on
AO27 on the 1411z and 1551z passes. His call will be ZF2SE.

The ship will be in Kingston Jamaica (FK28) on December 8. He will operate
UO14 on the 1325z and 1501z passes as well as AO27 on the 1343z and
1524z passes. His call will be N8QGC/6Y5.

QSL via his home call, N8QGC. For those of you that don't remember John,
he was an avid sat operator back in the AO-21 days. In fact he was the first to
operate AO-21 while aeronautical mobile. He and a friend went up in a small
plane he had his beam laying inside the plane as no antennas can be
attached to the outside unless faa approved. The plane cruised around and
twisted so that the antennas pointed to the satellite. He made a bunch of
contacts. Now adays, the arrow antenna would have made that job easy but
wasn't available back then.  He used to sit in his car in a parking lot with his
70cm beam held out the window. In the snow and sub zero temperatures, that
was a real feat. I remember one time he said he could now feel the cold from
the metal antenna boom through his gloves and he is going to have to go
back inside. (that's dedication)

73...bruce

Houston, Texas
AMSAT Area Coordinator
Houston AMSAT Net - Tuesday, 8PM CDT on W0KIE Satcom C3, T24, 7.5Mhz