P3G to P3D

Thanks to those who posted and asked what the various acronyms represent.

This reminded me to get out the excellent Provisional Preliminary Pre-Flight
Guide to Phase 3D (P3G to P3D)  that Paul Beckmann, WA0RSE edited and AMSAT
published several years ago.

This is an excellent summary of P3D and rereading it again now that I can
look at the telemetry coming down from AO-40 is very rewarding.

The IHU (Integrated Housekeeping Unit), Electric Propulsion Unit (EPU),
Battery Charge Regulators 1-3 (BCR1-BCR3), the heat pipes, tanks, SEU
(Sensor Electronics Unit), details of the frame, the solar panels, the
electronics, Earth Sensors, Sun Sensors, etc are all detailed in this
wonderful volume I got from AMSAT several years ago.

If you've got one, dig it out and read it while you watch the telemetry via
P3T.

If you don't have one, I'd recommend ordering one from AMSAT.  $10 in the
USA, $12 in Canada and Mexico, $15 elsewhere if I remember correctly.  You
can check it out on the AMSAT web site
http://www.amsat.org/amsat/catalog/books.html .

73,

Roger Rehr