Re: DOS programs for decoding P3D telemetry

Hi Joel,

I played with the program a little bit and here is what I found.

When you start the program, it asks you for the center frequency in Hz. The
wav file that came with the program requires you to enter 1600 and hit
ENTER. It will start to read the file and automatically create the P3D.tlm
file. When you then start TLMDEC it will be able to read the file and you
get a nice telemetry output.

The problem you might have is that you don't enter the exact center
frequency
in paskdec.exe. As a result the program starts reading the wav file, but you
see only little bars running nothing else until the file is done. Pskdec.exe
will then create also a psd.tlm file but it's empty. That's why you only
get ----OE1KIB, OE1VKW,  -F1HDD --------(c) AMSAT-F 2000-------
 as your message.

Try it with the wav file that came with the program and enter 1600 in
pskdec.exe

The question that I have is that I have downloaded a couple of wav file form
the Internet, but I don't know the center frequency which to enter in
pskdec.exe. I need a copy of that little program that shows you the
frequencies of a wave file, similar to the one that was used to create the
image file (bmp) that came with the psk program.

Thanks and hope this helps.

Stefan :-) KC8NSA