RS-12 on?

On this afternoon's western pass over NA I noticed RS-13's 2 m beacon was on
as well as RS-12's 10 m beacon at 29.408.  I wasn't able to re-configure my
rigs/antennas fast enough to figure out what was on and what was off and I
heard no traffic on either downlink (other than the beacons).  Is it possible
RS-12 is in mode K and RS-13 in mode T at the same time?

Interestingly, the RS-12 CW beacon was announcing itself as RS-13.  Do you
think maybe our Russian friends are just trying to confuse us???
73,
Jerry, K5OE