Re: P3D: why no 70cm ?

on 11/16/00 6:02 PM, Vince Fiscus, KB7ADL at vlfiscus@mcn.net wrote:

> I don't recommend it, but if the beacon is any indication of what the
> downlinks will be like you'll be able to work AO-40 with omni antennas.

NO KIDDING!  Keep in mind that the downlink is not on high power yet nor are
the gain antennas switched on!  Of course, it's fairly low right now (about
7500 miles), but still......

I copied the satellite in my car today I believe (frequency seemed a little
high - right around 146 mHz) on my TM-D700.  Signals were good and I think
it was the bird.

This baby is working great.  No one heard the 70 cm beacon so it's a
question if it even worked at all.  We haven't gotten any official word yet
from the command team, but I am sure it will be forthcoming.  I sure hope
that the 70 cm beacon is indeed working and they just decided to switch
beacons.

According to a telemetry screen shot someone posted, it looks like they have
the CEDEX experiment running already.  Fun stuff!

73,

Jon
NA9D

Jon Ogden