Re: P3D: why no 70cm ?

At 09:52 PM 11/16/00 +0000, Richard W L Limebear wrote:
 >I guess we all had heard that AO-40 would commence transmitting on the
>70cm GB frequency.
>
>Does anyone know why it didn't ?
>
>73
>Richard W L Limebear G3RWL

I was up early and couldn't wait to hear it. I turned my radio on and hit
all the 70cm beacon freqs. I started to get a sick feeling in my stomach
because I didn't hear anything. Then I thought, it had been been in range
of a command station, maybe they changed something. So I scanned 2 meters.
I still didn't hear anything. I waited a while for it to get furthur above
the horizon. And scanned all the frequencies again and there it was. They
must have decided a 2 meter downlink was better for command operations.

I don't recommend it, but if the beacon is any indication of what the
downlinks will be like you'll be able to work AO-40 with omni antennas.

73 de KB7ADL
Vince

So many satellites, so little time.