RE: P3D Best Guess Catalog Numbers

Hi Ken,

Are the COSPAR and NORAD designators always kept in the same order? The
sequence I used was from a COSPAR note I picked up a few years ago that said
that the letter was assigned in sequence of separation, ... so you're saying
that it should be :

Primary payload
Secondary payload
then auxillary payloads (in order of separation?)

Ok thats cool! That would make the BEST GUESS:

2000-072A
26608
PAS-1R

2000-072B
26609
AMSAT-OSCAR-40

2000-072C
26610
STRV-1c

2000-072D
26611
STRV-1d

2000-072E
26612
SBS

2000-072F
26613
ASAP5

2000-072G
26614
Ariane 5 R/B

The main thing is to know what kep sets to look out for, ...

What are the rules for sequencing the R/B, SBS and ASAP5?

How long do you think they will take to add the launch to the catalog, they
have added the progress launch that took off after P3D already, ... I guess
that is more important, ... or are there other factors?

Cheers
Paul