Re: P3D photos

At 08:05 AM 11/15/2000 -0600, GPersons wrote:
>Looking at the P3D photos while it is mounted atop the rocket, I wondered what the "stripes" on the patch antennas were? Can anybody elucidate?

Thermal control, I bet. They're there to change the amount of sunlight absorbed by that surface, and to change the radiative cooling properties of the surface, so that the desired temperatures are maintained.

You'll notice it's not just the patch antennas. The dish antennas have spots of tape too.

73  -Paul
kb5mu@amsat.org