Re: FT-847 CAT

All,

Isn't that the pits. I was just getting ready to modify my W6IHG Radio
Tuner for the ISS
repeater mode.

Even thou you can command the Repeater Offset to 10hz, the stupid FT847
truncates
it to 10Khz. I confirmed your experiment this morning.

Here is an alternate strategy that I will try to implement -

Compute the offset, put the most significant part into repeater offset,
move the main
vfo by the least significant part then transmit. After transmit, reset the
main vfo to the
calculated downlink ground frequency. Since this is half-duplex, it might work.

Jerry, W6IHG