Re: SEC: UNCLASSIFIED - More on the Newspaper Article - Phase 3D

I can see no reason whatsoever that you need a "defence". I did notice with
some dismay that there was the odd "nitpicker". So what if the figures were
"ballpark", the message certainly got across.

I'm interested to know did you write the piece or did the journo'? If it
was yours was it heavily edited? Just curious, I've had some rather bad
experiences with (admit idly local) papers.

Norm

At 14:01 13/11/2000 +1100, "Ellis, Peter R."
<Peter.Ellis@cbr.defence.gov.au> wrote

>I thank all those who have written comments on my article about Phase 3D.
>I thank Bruce Paige for publishing it to the AMSAT-BB List. I was going to
>wait for someone to ask...
>
>For some I got it about right, and I thank them for their support.

snip.....

>In my defence...
>I have not set out to get things wrong. I have tried to answer a lack of
>information on Amateur Radio in general, and Amateur satellite technology in
>particular, by 'exploiting' an obvious news opportunity.

snip.....