Re: ISA/PCI Questions

I recently put a new system together around an Intel SE440BX-2
motherboard, which has 4 PCI slots, 2 ISA slots (one is shared
ISA/PCI) and AGP. The motherboard was cheap; the hard part
was finding a real Slot 1 Pentium 3 to plug in to it. Being an
Intel motherboard it was a little picky on what processors
it liked (yes, I tried a PPGA370 processor on an adapter).

The motherboard came from some Internet-based discounters.
The rest of the bits I picked up locally. The end result was
a dirt cheap 550 MHz Pentium 3...

The real answer is to either come up with a PCI interface
(if the manufacturers won't do it, we can do it ourselves),
or do it properly and move to something like USB.

                                   - Hospital/Shafte