Re: ISA/PCI Questions

Brian,

I have the same problem.  I have contacted L.L. Grace and they say they have
no plans to manufacture a PCI-based KCT/T.  I think this is extremely
shortsighted on their part.  I am currently in the process of rebuilding my
AMDK6-3/450 system.  To me, this appears to be the best thing.  I can select
my own components.  Currently, I have selected the following:

    Abit KT7 non-RAID motherboard - 1AGP/6PCI/1ISA slot (RAID is *not*
needed for a home-based, non-server environment unless you just want to say,
"I have a RAID             system in my home PC)

    AMD 650MHz Duron CPU

These are the more important components I am upgrading.  The rest benefit my
insatiable gaming appetite.  The AMD Duron is extremely overclockable and
there are a multitude of pages out there that go into great detail on how to
do this.  Potentially, you can get up to 950MHz out of a 650MHz Duron with
little or no heating problems.

All you nay-sayers out there flame away.  It is *documented* that these CPUs
*are* very overclocking friendly!  I have built more than 250 PCs (and
rebuilt even more) on my own both for pay and for free.  Those of you in
doubt, I suggest you investigate it on your own at either www.anandtech.com
or www.tomshardware.com.

Good luck and if you want to build your own, give me a call and I'll tell
you what else I selected for my system and from whom I am buying the parts.

BTW, you are correct.  At least Dell has said they will sell no more systems
with ISA slots.

GL es 73,
Joel, K2SAT