Re: no signal

At 04:30 PM 11/11/2000 EST, you wrote:
>t0 all who track ALPHA ISS, I couldn't pick up any signal as our friends
>passed over the Rio Grande this afternoon at 2046 utc.  Any particular
reason
>why I did not hear them, except for my own inabilities?  It showed

Just one:  They weren't on yet. :)

I tried earlier on the 11/10 1729 UTC pass over the northeast US (I'm in
Salem, MA), and didn't hear them, neither 145.800 nor 143.625.

My setup is just an HT, a scanner and a whip in my apartment (I'm making a
quadrifilar helix this winter) but I *know* it works because my hard drive
is filled with Russian .WAV files from passes I caught earlier in the week.

I don't think it's us;  I think they just decided to hit the sack early
when you tried for them.  They earned it.
I'll be trying again tomorrow for sure.

Take care,

Dave

David Moisan, N1KGH   ARES/SKYWARN                dmoisan@shore.net