Re: Tune the uplink or downlink?

Ciemon,

If you are working AO-27, you adjust the recieve and leave you tranmit
stationary.

Here is a recommendation for radios that tune 5 kHz:

Recieve (MHz)                    Transmit (MHz)
436.805                                145.845
436.800                                145.850
436.795                                145.850
436.790                                145.850
436.785                                145.855

If your radio only has frequency steps of 12.5 kHz (European Models)

Recieve (MHz)                    Transmit (MHz)
436.800                                145.850
436.7875                               145.850

As the satellite comes towards you, start to the top and listen to the downlink
signals.  Listen prior to transmitting.  We have just start working satellite at
the school club and we have some suggestive links at:
http://jones-clan.com/amateur_radio/Klamath_County_Schools_ARC.htm

I hope this helps you.

Best of Luck.

73