Tune the uplink or downlink?

After finally getting an Arrow antenna thanks to a very kind gentleman here
in the UK (I'll not give his callsign as he'd get swamped with requests) I'm
starting to have a go on the FM birds. The fabulous UK weather isn't
helping, but the can of worms I need to re-open is, do I tune the uplink or
downlink? I seem to remember reading that's it's just the downlink.

I'm also after a gel cell supplier in the UK, anyone?
73.....Ciemon Dunville G0TRT Sysop MB7UPG IGate
email - g0trt@amsat.org
ICQ - 6263612
homepage - http://go.to/APRSUK