Re: 5400 Rotor Controller

The pots have been a source of problems on the 5400. I have had problems
with mine and had to temporary fix them due to lightning near strikes.
They are very sensitive to near strikes or electrical discharge. I checked
with Yeasu and ordered 10 pots at only $2.30 (expensive for pots, but
cheap coming from the manufacture). I would recommend ordering a few
and have them on hand. It cured all of my problems.

At 06:40 PM 11/10/2000 -0800, Bert McClellan wrote:
>Hi Joel,
>I had a similar problem a few months ago. I could not get it to move. I
>contacted Yaesu and they said they had no controllers, but would be glad to
>sell me a new rotor with a controller.  Luckily a good friend of mine is a
Icom
>tec and has his own business.  He checked out and trouble was dirty
contact in
>the pots. Been working fine since. Just a thought.
>
>Bert    N7TKO  Amsat 24279
>
>"Joel B. Black" wrote:
>
>> After a couple of month hiatus due to family and educational commitments, I
>> have tried to re-activate my satellite station.  Unfortunately, I cannot
>> get my rotor controller to power up.  I have taken it apart and the power
>> switch measures open in both positions.  Is there a good source (I'd take
>> RS right now) to replace this switch or do I need to order it from Yaesu?
>>
>> Tnx es 73,
>> Joel, K2SAT
>>
>> ----
>
>----