Train mobile attempts on SO-35, 10 Nov 2000

Hello All!

Just a quick note to say that tomorrow, Friday 10th Nov, I will be operating
SO-35 while train mobile on the way home from work (nothing like a little DX
while commuting :) ).  During the pass, I will also attempt to contact
Leighton, VK3TLJ, who will also be train mobile at the same time.

I have word that the recent problems with SO-35 are now resolved, so hopefully
tomorrow's little exercise will go ahead smoothly.  The pass will be tricky to
work, due to possible crowding, city pager transmitters and 2 cuttings along
the stretch of track being used.

Leighton's operating conditions should be a bit easier than mine, but his train
will be end on to the bird for part of the pass, which is not good.

For those in the VK/ZL area, the usual QSLs (electronic or otherwise) will be
on offer, if you manage to work me during the train mobile pass.  VK6/8
stations will miss out this time around, but your turn will come from about
Christmas onwards, when the satellite's orbit drifts further west.

Tony, VK3JED