Re: Palm Tracking LEO

>Yes you are correct, it only works with LEO sats.
>I use if for FM birds and for that use Jim Berry has done a great job.
>He has made it so that the plotting function can be set up for visual or
>radio tracking.

I would hope that all people interested in getting the software to
work with Non-LEO satellites would write the author and request
this additional feature.

I have registered the program and find it very useful.

With a color palm IIIc you can set the screen to all red for
outdoor night time use.  You can use the program GetTLE.prc
to download the latest keps all you need is a cable to a modem.

If you don't want to cut up a Hot Sync cable use the following
off the shelf parts.

(Palm hot sync cable --- null adapter --- gender changer -- DB9 to RS232)

73

--

-----   kc5ejk@onramp.net    or  kc5ejk@amsat.org    -----