RE: P3D 2400 MHz band use?

> Van: Deon Erwin [mailto:zr1dq@qsl.net]
>
> More wireless LAN products are finding their way onto this
> band and there is
> also talk of wireless Internet on 2400 MHz.  Bob makes very
> valid points and
> we should all take notice and action.

Would a 10 watt ATV signal in a 2x 50 el. yagi be enough.
Thanks to the likes of DB6NT these kind of stations can be build for
anything between $500 and $1000.

> The sad reality is that we are the ones who sit with the problems when
> sharing the bands with licence free users.  This may sound
> very selfish, but
> the hams always end up as the villains.

Using it does work as we see overhere, we have a SRD/LPD alocation between
433.050 and 434.750 manly used for headphones.
Thanks to both political and practical actions there is now a dutycycle
restriction of 10% for SRD/LPD in that section and 2 new SRD/LPD bands
outside the ham bands (a 500 mw 8 chanel band around 451 and a 100%
dutysycle band around 800 mhz)

> I also prompt my wife to use it or loose it.
>
> Deon ZR1DQ

73 de Andre PE1RDW
aprsdigi co-ordinator Netherlands
member aprs workgroup Netherlands