Re: P3D 2400 MHz band use?

on 11/6/00 9:35 AM, Bob Bruninga at bruninga@usna.edu wrote:

> So, while you are building up your 2400 MHz receive capability, you should
> also consider building a transmit capabiliity as well.  Then do some
> experimentation on the band whenever P3D is not in view.  This might
> discourage your neighbors from operating their 100mw noise generators on
> your P3D listening frequency.
>
> Fortunately, DFing at 2400 MHz is easy to do with a small dish, so the
> sources of these Bluetooth devices will be easy to locate.

I doubt Bluetooth is going to be much of a problem to us.  Power levels are
very very low as range is limited to about 10 to 12 feet.  100 mW at 2.4
GHz, does not go far with low gain antennas such as are used on Bluetooth.

Of more concern to me is the broadband noise generated by 2.4 GHz spread
spectrum telephones and other devices.  Devices using the ISM band standards
as opposed to Bluetooth are much more troublesome to me.

73,

Jon
NA9D

Jon Ogden