Re: FT-847 CAT

At 06:33 AM 11/3/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Which FT-847 computer tuning program will work Split Frequency, Same Band
>with Doppler Correction ...

Hi Guys,
The FT-847 CAT interface does not permit what we would
normally call "split" operation. There are no commands
to set the VFOs or even to activate split mode. I wonder
sometimes about Yaesu because the FT-100 will do this but
not the FT-847. Too bad because there are times
you might want this (mode K for example.)

On the other hand, it MAY be possible to run the FT-847
in "FM repeater" mode by setting the repeater offset
to correct for doppler. This would only work in FM mode
but that would at least handle the ISS. I will look into
the possibility of doing this.

So here is the REAL test: Are there any sat operators who
would be willing to test this? If so, send me an email.
You need a PC, InstantTrack software, and an FT-847.

If there are enough interested test volunteers, I will try to
put this into InstantTune.

73,
Tony

Tony AA2TX@amsat.org