ISS Signals

Listening to the 1350 utc pass this morning (I made some wav files if anyone
is interested... it is all in Russian), I note the signal level seems a
little weaker than MIR, maybe 3-6 dB at the horizon, but the tonal clarity is
better--even excellent.  Anyone know what mic they use?  I could hear the
other cosmo/astronauts talking in the background.  My limited Russian did
allow me to catch a few phrases, including a lot of numbers being repeated
and the op saying "good" several times.  I would much rather hear "kharasho"
than "yolkey polkey" from somebody hundreds of miles up in space :-)
73,
Jerry, K5OE